Japan Visit Visa for Pakistani-A Complete Guide
Japan Visit Visa for Pakistani Travelers: A Comprehensive Guide to Application, Documents, Requirements, Price, News & Updates
Japan, the land of the rising sun, is a dream destination for many people around the world. If you are a Pakistani citizen planning to travel to Japan, you will need to apply for a tourist visa. In this comprehensive guide, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about the Japan visit visa application process, required documents, fees, and updates as of May 2023.
General Requirements for Japan Visit Visa Application from Pakistan
To apply for a Japan visit visa, Pakistani nationals need to submit the following documents to the Japanese embassy:
- Original current passport with a minimum of two blank pages and a remaining validity period of at least eight months.
- All previous passports, even if expired.
- Original national identification card (CNIC) with one photocopy. In the case of minors requesting a Japanese visa from Pakistan, a B-Form photocopy is also required.
- A signed visa application form for Japan visa from Pakistan. The Japanese embassy personnel will provide you with this form upon your request.
- For minor applicants, visa forms, and other supporting forms, both parents need to sign them along with the signature or thumbprint of the minor applicant as it appears on the child’s passport.
- Four recent 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, full-color, borderless photographs with a white background. The applicant’s face must be clearly visible, and the photographs may not be older than three months. Pictures may have a matte or semi-matte finish.
- Hotel booking and reservations. It usually does not need to be paid beforehand, and you may modify them later if you need to change your itinerary.
- Return air ticket booking. If you do not have a return ticket paid, a temporary reservation held for 24-48 hours will suffice. Make sure to bring a printed copy along.
- Travel itinerary. Download the itinerary form from the Japanese embassy website and fill it in with your day-by-day plan. Mention where you will stay and which places you plan on visiting.
- Printed original personal bank account 6-month statement. The bank’s name, telephone number, the applicant’s full name, and account number must be clearly visible on the document, which must be printed on bank letterhead and duly signed and stamped. The minimum closing balance should be around PKR 300,000 per person travelling from Pakistan to Japan. Please note that suddenly depositing a sum of money to reach the required balance right before the application will go against you. Bank statements should be dated under seven days prior to the submission date.
- For travelers financing their trip to Japan, they may issue their statements themselves. For travelers visiting Japan under sponsorship, they should bring a statement issued by their sponsor.
Additional Requirements for Japan Visit Visa Application from Pakistan
In addition to the general requirements, the following documentation must be provided when applying for a Japanese visa if you are currently employed in Pakistan by a third party or business:
- A signed letter from the employer verifying your occupation, stating your position, designation, NIC number, salary, and how long you have been working there.
- A signed “No objection” certificate or leave permit letter from your employer stating that your vacation dates have been approved and that they have no issues with you temporarily leaving the country. This document must be printed on the company letterhead and also mention the length and dates your leave is authorized for.
- Original salary slips from the last three months prior to your trip.
- Personal income tax returns for the last three assessment years or tax deduction certificate.
Japan Visit Visa Fees
The cost of a single-entry visa for Japan is approximately 3,000 Yen (equivalent to PKR 4,490), while a multiple-entry or double-entry visa costs approximately 6,000 Yen (equivalent to PKR 8,979).
Where to Apply?
To obtain a Japanese visa in Pakistan, applicants must submit specific documents at the embassy in Karachi or Islamabad. If traveling with family, one person can submit the documents on their behalf. In exceptional cases, the embassy may request an application interview. The embassy’s opening hours are from 2:30 to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Document submissions are only accepted in the morning. Visa rejection reasons may not be provided, and there is a six-month waiting period before reapplying.